Notice of Claim or Incident
If you have a notice of claim or incident to report, you must submit a claim incident report to AHRP as soon as you become aware of an incident which has or will likely lead to a claim against you AHRP Notice of Claim. The form should be submitted via email to Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rick at email@example.com. It can also be faxed to 360-574-9401.
Water Damage Claims
Water damage losses of any kind need to be handled differently than other claims. Water damage can create a lot of additional destruction if not addressed properly and immediately! Structures and sub-structures, as well as flooring and woodwork, can deteriorate rapidly if water is not immediately extracted commercially with drying and dehumidification. Not only can deterioration progress, but mold and mildew will develop within 24 hours or less.
All maintenance staff, on-site staff and emergency personnel should be trained on how to handle water claims. Even if there may not be coverage for a loss for one reason or another, you still want to mitigate the damage. Immediately after a water damage claim of any kind is identified, the water source should be shut off. You can begin removing any standing water and contents; however, a commercial water restoration company should be called out immediately (most, if not all, have 24-hour emergency response). We recommend that all first responders know this procedure and have emergency restoration contractors’ 24-hour phone numbers available.
If you need assistance locating local water restoration contractors or have any questions regarding losses or claims, feel free to contact AHRP’s Director of Claims, Rick Gehlhaar, at (360) 574-9035 x106, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
24/7 Emergency Service
Water, Fire, Wind – Toll Free 800-856-3333
Is this an emergency situation?
What type of property damage is it?
Has the problem been contained?
When did it happen?
What’s the extent of the damage?
What percentage of the facility has been affected?
Do you have available power?
Is standing water present?
For insurance related contract review, contact the Director of Risk Management, Al Alvarez, at 360-574-9035 x104 or email@example.com. Please forward all contractual insurance requirements sections that you wish to have reviewed, plus a brief abstract of the plans or circumstances to offer context of the review. Please keep requests associated with insurance requirements only.
Al Alvarez – is also available for:
Contractual risk transfer training class
Risk management resource manual development
Webinar resources upon request & availability
- Sexual harassment training and certification with additional trainings now offered (formerly Workplace Answers): https://el.lawroom.com/login.asp
- In2Vate – HARRP endorsed training on various employment related issues: In2Vate
- My Community Workplace – Free to HARRP/AHRP members as a Munich RE covered organization. Includes training on various employment related issues (for login information, please contact Adiah Swenson at 360-574-9035 x100): My Community Workplace
- There may be additional training opportunities at the OHA, AWHA, PSWRC-NAHRO and PNRC-NAHRO
Online Training Library
Click on the link below to view all of the online training which will become available in 2014. Please contact Adiah Swenson at 360-574-9035 x100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a training.
Online Training Library
Insurance 101: top ten insurance pointers
A snack lunch education moment for executives
Mechanical breakdown – what is it? Why you need it!
Analyzing insurance – a more in-depth look
Like comparing apples & oranges
- Underwriting Questionnaire - 2019
- Certificate Request
- Notice of Claim or Incident
- Chain of Evidence
- Loss Control Funding
- Vehicle Accident Reporting Form
Loss Control Bulletin Directory
- Effective Fire Safety
- Sample of Vehicle Home Garaging
- Free Fire Prevention Resources
- Elevation Certificates
- Fire Protection System Inspection
- Flood Risk Mitigation
- Fire Pits, Pools, Bouncy Castles and Trampolines
Risk Management Directory
- PESLIC Policy
- Use of Space Agreement
- Contractual Risk Transfer Requirements
- Sample Memorandum Agreement
- Tenant Activities Release Agreements
- At Which Value Should Property be Insured?
- Day Care Insurance Requirements
- Sample Service Animal Policy
- Washington Indemnification
- Oregon Indemnification
- California Indemnification
- Nevada Indemnification
- Sample Property Management Agreement